A Roundup of the Most Popular Flooring Brands
Choosing the best floor type for your property, home, or office can be challenging. You must consider the aesthetic appeal, durability, maintenance needs, budget, and functionality.
Once you’ve chosen the right floor type for space, you must source it from reputable flooring brands. In the UK, we have several quality flooring companies. Some are best for specific floor types, budgets, locations, etc.
This roundup highlights some of the most popular and reputable flooring brands in the UK to help you select your dream floor hassle-free.
The Best Floor Brands
Amtico is one of the best brands of LVT flooring with a long history in the UK industry, dating back to 1963. The brand specialises in luxury vinyl tile (LVT) flooring, offering unique patterns, colours, designs, styles, and finishes to suit various tastes and interior design concepts.
Amtico LVT flooring is made with renewable biomass and is known for its durability, water resistance, and ease of maintenance. The brand offers an extensive collection of realistic wood, stone, and abstract designs, allowing you to achieve your desired aesthetic without compromising performance.
Whether you prefer hardwood’s classic warmth or natural stone’s elegance, Amtico provides a wide selection of synthetic options to suit any interior style or theme.
Pros of Amtico Flooring
- Minimal maintenance: Regular sweeping and occasional mopping is sufficient to keep the floors pristine.
- Sustainability and environmentally friendly practices: The brand incorporates recycled materials into its products, reducing its carbon footprint.
- Durability: Amtico flooring is made from a durable composite material resistant to scratches, dents, and fading.
- Water resistance: Amtico flooring is water-resistant, making it a good choice for wet areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Elegant alternatives to natural stone and wood floors
Cons of Amtico Flooring
- Limited natural material options: Amtico primarily focuses on replicating the look of natural materials such as wood and stone.
- Higher pricing: It’s one of the more expensive brands of LVT.
- Scratches: Floors can be susceptible to scratches from pet nails or heavy footwear.
Quick-Step is a well-known and reputable brand in the flooring industry. The brand offers an extensive selection of laminate, luxury vinyl, and engineered hardwood flooring options that mimic the authentic look and feel of natural materials such as wood and stone.
Quick-Step floors are beautiful, waterproof, and resistant to scratches or stains. It offers intricate textures, grain patterns, and finishes to suit different aesthetic preferences.
Pros of Quick-Step Flooring
- Natural look and feel with various shades to suit most decor schemes
- Easy to install
- Unbeatable waterproofing
- Flooring for every budget
Cons of Quick-Step Flooring
- The laminate typically requires replacement, not refinishing, if damaged
Ted Todd is one of the best brands of hardwood flooring, with 30+ years in the industry. They combine traditional craftsmanship with modern manufacturing techniques to create unique, durable flooring options.
Ted Todd’s natural wood flooring options include:
- Solid wood flooring
- Engineered wood flooring
- Antique wood flooring
- Reclaimed wood flooring
- Handmade wood flooring
Pros of Ted Todd Flooring
- Offers breathtaking and quality hardwood flooring
- A long 20-year warranty guarantees no structural defects
Cons of Ted Todd Flooring
- Prices can be higher as it’s one of the UK’s top luxury wooden floor specialists
- Underfloor heating isn’t always possible with solid wood flooring
Moduleo is one of the best luxury vinyl flooring brands in the UK. It’s a good option for luxury vinyl planks and tiles.
Moduleo offers various high-quality vinyl flooring products that replicate the look and feel of natural materials like wood and stone.
Moduleo floors are made from vinyl, mineral, and wood fibres. This makes them solid and durable yet also comfortable to walk on.
Moduleo offers several installation options, including floating, glue-down, and click-lock floors.
Floating floors are the easiest to install but are less durable than glue-down or click-lock floors. Glue-down floors are the most durable but also the most difficult to install. Click-lock floors are a good compromise between durability and ease of installation.
Moduleo Flooring Pros
- Water-resistant and easy to clean, making them a good choice for kitchens and bathrooms
- Wide range of styles, colours, and patterns
- XL planks and tiles are available
Moduleo Flooring Cons
- It can be challenging to install (for glue-down or click-lock floors)
- Not as durable as natural flooring options
If you’re looking for the leading brands of engineered hardwood flooring in the UK, Kährs must be on top of the list. Kährs has a long history dating back to 1857 and is one of the pioneers in engineered wood flooring. Their flooring is known for its exceptional quality, durability, and timeless Scandinavian design.
Pros of Kährs Flooring
- Wide range of options: Kährs offers a diverse selection of wood species, finishes, and styles, allowing for various design possibilities.
- Easy installation: Kährs flooring features a click-lock system, enabling straightforward and efficient installation, particularly with their newer lines.
- Durability and longevity: Engineered wood flooring from Kährs withstands heavy foot traffic and is suitable for residential and commercial applications.
- Compatibility with underfloor heating: Kährs flooring is compatible with underfloor heating systems, providing comfort and versatility in heating options.
Cons of Kährs Flooring:
- Higher price point: Kährs flooring is a premium product, which may reflect in its higher price than other flooring options.
- Limited solid wood options: While Kährs primarily focuses on engineered wood flooring, their range of solid wood flooring options is more limited.
Various Brands for Different Kinds of Flooring
Laminate is a multi-layer and synthetic flooring that mimics the look of natural materials such as wood or stone. It’s cheaper than hardwood and offers several style options. This makes it a good choice for an affordable, easy-to-maintain, and stylish flooring option.
Laminate flooring consists of several layers of materials bonded together using a lamination process to create a durable and versatile flooring option.
Here’s an overview of the layers that the top laminate flooring brands include:
- Wear layer (top layer): It’s a transparent protective layer that provides durability and resistance to scratches, stains, and fading.
- The decorative layer. This is what gives the laminate its appearance. The best laminate floor brands typically make this layer from a photorealistic image of wood, stone, or another material.
- The core layer: This is made of high-density fiberboard (HDF) or medium-density fiberboard (MDF), providing stability and strength to the flooring.
- The bottom layer: Known as the backing layer, it supports the laminate and prevents moisture absorption.
Pros of Laminate Flooring
- Cost-effective compared to hardwood or natural stone flooring
- Extensive design options to suit the desired aesthetic for your space
- Highly resistant to stains, scratches, and fading
- Low maintenance
- More resistant to moisture compared to hardwood flooring
Cons of Laminate Flooring
- Excessive exposure to moisture can cause warping or swelling
- Damaged laminate sections usually need to be replaced, unlike hardwood that can be sanded or refinished
- Less authentic feel than hardwood or stone
The best laminate flooring brands in the UK include the following:
Vinyl flooring is a synthetic option made primarily from PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and other additives. It imitates stone, wood, marble and other luxury flooring materials.
It comprises several material layers forming a water-resistant, durable, long-lasting, affordable floor. It’s typically used in bathrooms and kitchens because of its high water resistance.
The best sheet vinyl flooring brands offer thick products with a tough wear layer and strong backing. And they’re available in various styles, including sheet vinyl, tiles, and luxury vinyl planks (LVP).
Pros of Vinyl Flooring
- One of the most affordable flooring options
- High moisture resistance makes it a suitable choice for areas prone to spills, such as kitchens or bathrooms
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Wide variety of designs
Cons of Vinyl Flooring
- Not always environment-friendly
- Shorter lifespan than flooring made of natural materials
- Some vinyl floors can emit volatile organic compounds
The best vinyl flooring brands in the UK include:
A carpet is a soft floor covering made from tightly woven textile fibres. It’s available in various colours, patterns, and textures to suit individual preferences. Carpets can be installed in any room in the home, but it is most commonly found in bedrooms, living rooms, and family rooms.
Pros of Carpet Installations
- Offers a soft, comfortable, and cushioned surface to walk on barefoot
- Absorbs sound, reducing the noise levels within a room
- Provides a non-slip surface, reducing the risk of slips and falls. It can be beneficial in households with children or elderly individuals
- Helps to insulate a room, making it warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
Cons of Carpet Installations
- It can be difficult to clean, especially if it is stained
- Carpets require regular maintenance to keep them clean and free from dirt, dust, and stains
- It can trap allergens such as dust mites, pet dander, and pollen, which may pose a problem for individuals with allergies or respiratory sensitivities
- Susceptible to water damage
The best carpet flooring brands in the UK include:
- Tapi Carpets
LVT flooring, or Luxury Vinyl Tile, is a type of vinyl flooring. It’s made from a combination of vinyl and other materials. LVT flooring is available in a wide variety of colours, patterns, and textures, and it can be installed in any room in the home.
Pros of LVT Flooring
- Versatile designs, patterns, and colours
- Durable and easy to maintain
- Water-resistant, making it suitable for areas prone to moisture, such as kitchens, bathrooms, and basements
- Affordable and easy installation
Cons of LVT Flooring
- Labour-intensive removal, once installed
- Can dent, scratch or scuff
- It cannot be refinished
- Not eco friendly
The best LVT flooring brands in the UK include:
- Karndean flooring
Lino, short for linoleum, is a type of resilient flooring made from natural and renewable materials. It primarily comprises linseed oil, pine resin, wood flour, and limestone. It’s a durable and sustainable flooring option that is available in a wide variety of colours and patterns.
Pros of Lino Flooring
- Environmentally friendly: Lino is biodegradable and doesn’t release harmful VOCs (volatile organic compounds) into the air.
- Long life span: It can withstand heavy foot traffic and is known for its long lifespan.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Versatile in terms of aesthetics, from classic to modern looks
Cons of Lino Flooring
- Requires professional installation
- Susceptible to colour change if exposed to direct sunlight (may darken or turn yellow)
- The initial odour from the natural oils and materials used may last a few days after installation
The top lino flooring brands include:
- Marmoleum by Forbo
Wood flooring is a type of flooring made from natural hardwood or engineered wood. It offers a timeless and elegant look, adding warmth and character to any space.
Wood flooring is famous for its beauty, durability, and warmth.
Pros of Wood Flooring
- Beautiful and adds a touch of luxury to any home, office, or property
- Durable and can last for many years with proper care
- Warm and comfortable to walk on
- It’s a natural product that is sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Can increase the value of a property
Cons of Wood Flooring
- Comes with a hefty price
- It can be damaged by water, moisture, and pests
- Requires regular maintenance, such as waxing and polishing
Here are some of the best wooden flooring brands:
- Ted Todd
Stone flooring is made from natural stone, such as granite, marble, limestone, or travertine. It is available in various colours, patterns, and finishes. It offers a unique and timeless aesthetic, showcasing the natural beauty of the stones.
Pros of Stone Flooring
- Can add value to your home
- Highly durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic, making it suitable for both residential and commercial spaces
- Resistant to scratches and wear, ensuring longevity
- It can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any room
- It has excellent thermal conductivity, making it ideal for radiant heating systems, as it efficiently distributes warmth throughout the space
Cons of Stone Flooring
- It can be expensive and difficult to install
- It can feel cold underfoot, especially in colder climates or during the winter months
Here are a few stone flooring companies worth considering:
- Westminster Stone
Concrete flooring is made from concrete, a mixture of cement, sand, gravel, and water. It involves pouring, levelling, and finishing concrete to create a solid and durable surface. Concrete flooring is popular for its durability, versatility, and low maintenance.
Pros of Concrete Flooring
- Long-lasting and sustainable flooring
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Versatile designs and styles
- Energy-efficient flooring option
Cons of Concrete Flooring
- It can be difficult to install
- Initial installation requires specialised knowledge and skills
Good concrete flooring brands include:
- Stanford Industrial Concrete Flooring Ltd
Resin flooring is a type of flooring made from synthetic resin, which is a mixture of chemicals that hardens to form a hard, durable surface. It’s a popular choice for its durability, versatility, and seamless surface.
Pros of Resin Flooring
- It’s durable and tough, making it a top choice for warehouses, factories, and garages
- Flexible and tensile under stress
- Resistant to chemicals and hazardous substances
- Several textures and designs
Cons of Resin Flooring
- Slippery when wet unless you install an additional skid-resistant layer
- Has light sensitivity and thus requires a protective layer of ultraviolet sealant
Some of the UK’s leading resin floor brands are:
Rubber flooring is a type of flooring made from natural or synthetic rubber. It is available in a variety of colours, patterns, and textures. It’s popular for its durability, shock absorption, and noise-reduction properties and offers a unique combination of durability, comfort, and versatility.
Pros of Rubber Flooring
- Shock-absorbent and noise-reducing
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Durable and resilient
Cons of Rubber Flooring
- Limited aesthetic options
- Prone to fading or discolouration after direct and prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Can be expensive
- It may have an initial odour after installation that gradually dissipates
Some of the leading rubber flooring brands in the UK include:
- Nora flooring
Kinds of Floors to Stay Away From
Are you wondering which engineered wood, vinyl, stone, or laminate flooring brands to avoid? You’re safe with any of the flooring brands in this guide.
However, you should avoid floor types that aren’t a good fit for your location, usage, budget, maintenance requirements, and personal preferences.
For instance, choose floor coverings made from inorganic materials (like synthetic plastics) over organic materials (like solid wood) for dumb or wet areas like bathrooms.
Costs of Different Flooring Brands
The flooring cost varies significantly depending on the brand, material, specific product lines within each brand, quality, and location.
Here’s the average cost of the collections of top flooring per square metre.
- Amtico: £20 to £90
- Quick-Step: £2.99 to £5.00
- Moduleo: £19 to £90
Cheap Carpet Brands
Are you looking for a great carpet on a budget? Here are the cheapest carpet brands and their price estimates:
- Carpetright starting at £4 to £19
- Tapi starting at £6.99 m2
- John Lewis from £20
Expensive Floor Brands
Several luxury and high-end floor brands offer premium options. Here are a few examples of expensive floor brands known for their quality, craftsmanship, and higher price points:
- Ted Todd
High-End Floor Brands
Here are some high-end floor brands in the UK that are known for their luxury, exceptional quality, and visually appealing designs:
- Ted Todd
Flooring Brands That Are Good for the Environment
An eco-friendly flooring brand prioritises sustainability and minimises its impact on the environment throughout the lifecycle of its products. Eco-friendly flooring brands focus on waste reduction, recycling, reclaimed materials, low VOC or VOC-free manufacturing processes, and low energy consumption.
Here are a few eco-friendly flooring brands:
- Ted Todd
Flooring Brands That Will Last the Longest
Floor durability refers to a flooring’s ability to withstand wear, impact, and other damage while maintaining its appearance over time. Here are some durable flooring brands:
- Ted Todd
Brands and Products for Floor Cleaners
Numerous brands and products are available for floor cleaners, catering to different flooring materials and cleaning needs. Here are some popular floor-cleaning brands:
- Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner Spray Jasmine
- Super Professional Products F3 Floor Gel Cleaner
The Best Guarantee for a Brand of Flooring
A warranty is a guarantee the manufacturer or seller provides that promises to repair or replace a product within a specified period if it fails to meet certain quality or performance standards. Here are a few brands with good warranties:
- Karndean (lifetime residential warranty)
- Amtico (20 years)
- Moduleo (25 years)
- Quick-Step (25 years)
Amtico, Quick-Step, Ted Todd, Moduleo, and Kährs are some of the best flooring brands in the UK. They offer high-quality, stylish, functional, and long-lasting flooring solutions.
Depending on the space and functionality, you can choose natural wood, engineered wood, stone, carpet, rubber, resin, concrete, lino, LVT, laminate, or vinyl floors.
Do you need help choosing, purchasing, or installing your dream floor? Call us on 02080047575 or fill out the form on our website, and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
And the best part is, you don’t have to visit our showroom! We’ll bring our mobile showroom to your doorstep, allowing you to explore various flooring options in the comfort of your own space.